“If you trust in yourself… and believe in your dreams… and follow your star… you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things [and having fun] and weren’t so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett [and moi]
1. Since we met, my Piano Man and I have been reenacting our first date. But we weren’t in New York this year, so we visited a 100-year-old lighthouse and explored…
2. I conquered (all right, all right, my walking staff and I have been working hard at conquering) tricky trails and rocks. My lovely cankles and my wrists were rather swollen afterwards, but… the swelling didn’t last. WoooHooo!
3. My Piano Man delighted in his flexibility. I delighted in the delicious view *cough*.
4. For some reason, my mind kept chanting, “Merricat, said Connie, would you like a cup of tea? Oh no, said Merricat, you’ll poison me. Merricat, said Connie, would you like to go to sleep? Down in the boneyard ten feet deep!”, while this dear deer allowed me (and a bunch of slightly enthralled people) watch her snack on daisies. Maybe it means that it’s time to re-read We Have Always Lived in the Castle. I wonder…
5. My balance remains quite crappy. But with my walking staff and the right boots, I can even walk on driftwood. Super!
6. There is something extra sexy about a Piano Man carrying his Witchy Woman’s bag and her beach-found treasures and blowing kisses (but I might be biased).
7. I’m totally convinced that a book (or five) and a new notebook make any trip better.
8. I was trying to photograph these daisies (in an interesting angle), but ended up photobombing myself. When I saw the picture, I thought it would be a perfect way to say Happy 4th of July. So… Happy 4th of July!
9. My hair is growing back (in your face, side effects of chemo!), but it’s a bit patchy. So, I plan to keep it short, short, short (nearly bald) until things even out. That wee bit of red hair (or my flair), I shall let grow long, long, long… (and dye all sorts of fun colors). Because when life gives us lemons (or chemo steals all our hair), we must fight back with lemon cakes (or by growing a little flair). Really. I know these things *cackles*.
with a flair
of bright red, my bald
11. My eyes and wrists and thumbs... continue troubling me, but I’m getting a lot better at managing the symptoms (while my doctors search for a way to treat the cause(s)).
12. The port-a-cath they implanted under my skin (for chemo) will be removed in two weeks. I’ve been dreaming about my first night of comfortable sleep in a year *sigh*.
13. I’m still behind on answering emails and comments and such… Taking care of hospital things and my sexy flesh and bones and such takes priority. Still, I always skim messages to avoid missing an emergency. I think I’ll catch up in a week or three.
What about you, my Wicked Luvs, what’s on your not-quite-so-random list?
linked to Blogging Around with Rommy (Just the Basics)